Friday, October 22, 2010

10/21/10

Happy Birthday mom and dad! Another fantastic morning with the pups. I had them out and back in for breakfast a little late this morning. But I made up some time with a quick blog, so we were out the door at 6:45am for our morning walk. This morning it was 37F out, I am really not looking forward to the 10F or less morning walks that are right around the corner. The walk was pretty good, nothing new to report. I noticed the old 'Naber Market' got a new hours signs that states it is open every night until 9pm, weird, I've never seen it open past 6pm.

Anyway, we got back to the house and I made a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I played on the internets for a few minutes, then got ready for work. Today at work I actually started to make forward progress on many fronts. It felt like this week was going to be a wash, every time I made progress, something new came up. Before lunch, Mike in the shop called me to double check the dimensions I gave him for bolt hole layouts. It was a good thing too, because the drawings were off by a 1/8". Sure am glad Mike asked to verify the locations one last time. I also heard a rumor that our safety officer, Ted had given his 2 weeks notice. Somethings up, people are leaving in force now (4 people in 5 weeks).

For lunch, I went in half's on a Pizza Hut pizza with Dennis. Actually, that isn't true because I had no cash, I ate half the pizza but owe him the money for it. It was a bacon and peperoni pizza. At 12:30pm, I ran home to play with the dogs in the backyard. Just as we got out, it started to rain. After 15 - 20 minutes, back into the house and I was off to work again.

I continued to make progress in the afternoon. Then I had a project team meeting for the N.C. job. We have this meeting weekly and it is good to get a status of what is going on for the project. Just before the meeting, I checked my mailbox and noticed I have received the actual stamp for my Connecticut PE!

After work, I went home and started a fire in the wood stove. Went out with the pups in the backyard for some play time, then inside for dinner. I got all dressed up, did my stretches and headed out for a 3mile run. I was quite surprised at my time (19:07), I think it was my PR for my 3mile loop. Who knew my fuel of choice is Pizza Hut pizza. We went outside for another 15 minutes while I cooled down to play some more ball. Then I came in, put the chicken pot pie in the toaster oven to heat up while I took a shower. Next I called my dad to wish him a happy 60th birthday. He seemed to be in good spirits. I told him that 60 is the new 40, but I don't think he believed me.



















Notice in the pictures the broken glass that Chance gave me as a present the other night.

I set up the video chat, sat down with my chicken pot pie and talked to Cheryl from 7-7:30pm. Cheryl is still doing well and is also in good spirits. She is enjoying her expired food and is missing the sunsets as it is almost entirely light there. After our chat, I took the dogs for their evening walk, a 1mile loop past the funeral home. Again, nothing too exciting on this walk, the dogs were actually pretty good. I always worry about the last block of our walk because there is an older guy (80's ?) that has a dog that is way stronger than him. A few times he has been out in his yard with the dog and it sees me and my dogs ans starts tugging hard. I can just see this dog taking the old man out. At least the one time it seemed the dog tugged too hard, the guy let the leash go. So the dog came up to see Reece and Chance, better than taking the guy down. That was a previous walk, this evenings walk did not involve the old guy, just thought I would tell and old story to spice things up a bit.

We got back, just in time to watch some TV. I fell asleep on the couch around 9pm, woke up to the noise of bickering adults. Turns out this is what 'The Apprentice' is all about. Who loves to watch grown people thrown into a dorm style living situation bicker? I mean this isn't Big Brother, these are highly educated people. Anyway, quickly turned off the TV and headed to bed. Reece had already established her spot on the bed hours ago... I stole her spot because she got it all nice and warm already, does that make me a bad person?

No comments:

Post a Comment