Friday, October 15, 2010

10/14/10

Good morning. Woke up this morning still a bit tired, but today was Reece's first day back at daycare after missing two weeks. So I was up, had the pups outside and fed before the coffee was made. Once I had the coffee, it was everyone into the truck and off to Barrington. It was a pleasant ride to daycare, with Chance hooking my arm every chance he could. Chance likes to hook my right arm (he stands between the two front seats) so that I can give him chest scratches. Typically this is fine on the highways, but treacherous on the side streets because my truck is a standard and I need that arm. So we made it to daycare, I dropped off Reece and paid Jenny for house/dog sitting last friday night. On the way home, it's all about Chance. He is a different dog when Reece isn't around.

When we got back, we immediately headed out for a walk, we did a 1.5 mile loop. He was so excited to be walking with me alone, what a great boy. We got back to the house, I put out the trash and recycling and ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I made Chance a few Kong treats and headed off to work. Work was pretty quiet around my cubicle. The 5 cubicles around mine were empty, either because no one worked in the cube, or they were out of the office. Got the chance to put out a few fires early, there is nothing like a frantic call from the field at 8:05am to start your day. The contractor in NC had doors delivered to the site with the incorrect swing that we specified. Since this was going to hold up progress on the building, it became a hot issue. Unfortunately, there was no way to rearrange the doors to work. Two will have to be replaced with new doors. That was my first 30 minutes of work.

At lunch I went home and grabbed Chance and we went for a long walk to downtown. Chance got to check out all the scary jack-o-lantern men attached to street lights for Halloween. We did some window shopping and admired the tasty treats at Popovers. It is great to see other people smile at your dog, it's amazing to me how the dogs can change peoples expressions so quickly. When we were done with our walk, I made a ham and cheese sandwich and ate it on the way back to work. When I got back, Dennis had said he went to Xing Ping for lunch. My heart sank, I could have really used some Xing Ping. But, I've been Xing Ping sober for over 4 weeks now (blame that last one on Cheryl for getting it for lunch one day before she left).

The rest of the day at work went pretty well. I have a lot to keep me busy. I'm not sure if I already said it, but I was notified that I was approved for my PE license in Connecticut. So today I officially ordered my stamp, looking to get it by monday or tuesday next week. At 5pm, I headed home to pick up Chance, we then made for Barrington. It was another 'enjoyable' ride with all the traffic. The General Sullivan bridge was backed up to the Pease ramps, then the Lee Circle was backed up to the Route 155 exit. I had to pull a U-turn on Rt. 4 for that. We took the back roads and arrived at daycare before closing. Reece did what she always does, barley jumps into the truck and curls on the front seat half asleep for the ride home.

When we got home I fed the pups and took them out for a few minutes. I warmed up my pasta and sausage sauce for dinner and turned on the computer to video chat with Cheryl. We chatted for 20 minutes or so. It can be tough to have things to talk to her about because she reads my blog daily and already knows what is going on. The good news for her is that she got to stay in her dorm room, they didn't make her move.

After having dinner with Cheryl 'like a family', the dogs and I went out for a walk. Reece was dragging a bit, she always does after daycare. We got home, I grabbed the mail and settled in to watch some tv. At around 9:15pm, off to bed to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment