Monday, October 25, 2010

10/24/10

Woke up this morning and took the dogs out in the backyard, then fed them breakfast. This is sure to be a busy day if I actually do everything I plan on. I sat with some coffee, had a bowl of cereal and blogged for about 30 minutes. Next I took the pups out on a 1.5 mile walk. Nothing really interesting happened, it was peaceful and I think all three of us enjoyed it.

When we got home, I got dressed for some basketball. I wasn't sure if we were still playing because it was only 37F out. I went to the court at 9am and waited for about 5-10 minutes, I didn't see anyone else so I went back home. Even if I played, it would have only been for 30-45 minutes. When I got home I took a shower and got dressed for the Cailan's baptism. This is two weekends in a row that I am at church. The baptism went well, they stuffed all the families up front, which makes the mass difficult because surely babies cry. I tried to find comical things going on in the church to keep my attention. For instance, the two alter boys that picked their noses throughout the entire mass. Or the girl who holds the book for the priest to read, could barely keep awake (the whole head nod thing going on). This is my form of entertainment.

Afterwards, I headed home. I needed a nap in order to prep for my long run today. I got home, started a fire in the wood stove and made a nice cozy place on the couch to fall asleep. Reece joined in the nap as well. As I got up, Cheryl called to video chat. I set up the video system and we got to chat for about 30 minutes while I had a grilled cheese sandwich. Cheryl was just starting her monday morning, so I actually got to see some of her co-workers. After we chatted, I took the pups outside for some ball time, then came in and got dressed for my run. This was sheer will power, it was 44F and drizzling rain out, yuck.

I was able to do the New Castle loop (7.34miles) in a very good time (sub 7min pace!). Though I was pretty cold when finishing, I hurried in tot take a warm shower. I took the dogs out in the yard to play some more, then settled down on the couch to watch the Pats game. At halftime, I fed the dogs their dinner and made an Amy's microwavable dinner for me. We watched the end of the game, which turned into a nail-biter, but glad to see the Pats had a little luck and won it. After the game, the pups and I went out for our evening walk.

The walk went well, it felt like the air temperature actually increased, which made it pleasant. We made it back in time for The Simpson's, but it was a repeat. So I streamed a few Monday TV shows that I had missed because of basketball. Finally, around 10pm, I got into bed with Reece following and went to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I see how it is...you didn't come back to the house for food so you could nap :)

    I have a large container of food for you...let me know when you will be around.

    ReplyDelete