Monday, November 1, 2010

10/31/10

Last morning with Vic and Tim. Unfortunately there was no coffee in the apartment, but Vic had some tea that claims to have as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. It was a bold claim, but the tea was very good either way. After a chat over tea, we all got ready for the day and headed out for some brunch. The neighborhood we were in apparently doesn't get up very early.

It was 10 am on a sunday and we were looking around for a place for food, most places open at 11am. We went to Nookies Too, same place but different location from the breakfast the other day. I ordered the same items, but almost got denied. I was told they can't do a short stack of pecan pumpkin pancakes with eggs and sausage. This is troubling to me, they had a hard time doing it because of their computer system, not because they couldn't put pancake, scrabbled eggs and sausage on the same plate. Crisis was averted when they called the other Nookies and asked how they bypassed the computer and all is well in breakfast land.

It was amazing that as we left at 11am, the place was suddenly packed, the neighborhood really doesn't wake up until 11am on sundays. Next we were off to Jim and Cece's. Jim was going through the pictures of last nights party as well as the videos of the karaoke singing. I had a few treats that were left over from last night, just because they were there... I was full from brunch, but managed to make a little more room. Vic and Tim left to go back to the apartment, I said good bye and thanked them for letting me stay at their place.

Next Jim and I went over to drop off the recycling from the party, lots of bottles and cans. Must have been a lot of parties in the neighborhood because the recycling dumpster was full. We managed to get the few boxes we had stuffed in. Back at the house we watched some of the Packers-Cowboys football game. Jamie, Boosaba and Dana were over as well, so I got to spend a little more time talking with them before heading out. Just as the Pats game came on, I had to leave for the airport. Cece and Dana drove me over, dropped me off right in front. It was so good to be in Chicago again, everyone is great and I really feel like it is a second home.

I made it through security in under 5 minutes. I tried out the new United boarding pass thing on the smartphone. No need to print anything out, the pass is on the phone and you scan it at security and while boarding. I walked around the airport a bit because of how little time it took to get through security. I sat down and wrote the other day's blog while watching the Pats game on a TV. Our flight was delayed 15 minutes because the plane was late coming in, I was sure I wouldn't make the 9:10pm bus out of Logan now.

The plane ride was ok, just an absolutely annoying man next to me though. I wonder what goes on in people's heads some time. While taxiing, he was scarfing down a salad. The flight attendant told him twice to put up his tray table... I mean, you got 2 hours in the air to eat that damn salad, why during taxiing? He also tried to switch seats with someone while taxiing. I'm sure that the whole 'no electronics during take-off' is a scam, but if the flight attendant says 3 times to you to turn off your Ipad, and cell phone, just do it man! Honestly, this guy must think he is the hottest shit on the planet to blatantly disregard people like this. Once in the air, he switched with the person he was trying to earlier. The rest of the flight was fine, quiet and relaxing.

Well, we 'made up time' during the flight and actually landed 3 minutes early. I grabbed my stuff and made it to the curb with 10 minutes to spare. The bud ride to Portsmouth was uneventful and relaxing as well. I got to the bus station at 10:30pm, and into the house at 10:40pm. I was greeted with many kisses and hugs from the pups. I had to share some of my kisses as they were coming from Cheryl. One last time outside before bed, then crashed at 11pm with an inside temperature of 60F, it will be cold tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment