Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11/8/10

A great monday morning, got to sleep in, or what seemed like sleeping in because of daylight savings time. I got up and did my typical morning routine with the dogs, outside, fed the dogs breakfast, had some coffee and wrote in my blog. Because of the time change, I was actually early to get out the door for our walk, so today I did the 1.5 mile loop. Nothing too interesting happened on the walk. It was kinda drizzly, and very windy, which really makes it tough to walk.

When we got home, I dried down the pups as much a possible, I don't really like the house smelling like wet dogs. I made myself a bowl of cereal and checked a few things out online. Afterwards, I got ready for work and headed out the door. Work was the same as last week, nothing too exciting. At 10am, Aaron and I sat in on an interview for a new mechanical engineer that one of the owners would like to hire to improve the CAD department. Although I think it is a fantastic idea, I don't see the other owners letting it happen.

The call was made early today to get some Xing Ping for lunch. Kevin offered to head up the order and go pick it up too, so I was totally in. I got my standard honey chicken, fried rice and boneless spare ribs. I ate about half and then went home to be with the pups. I feel so bad, the dogs get so little daylight outside now, I don't want to deprive them of getting out at lunch. After about 15-20 minutes of outside time, I headed back to work.

The rest of the day was the same. It's too bad I can't say, 'today I did something totally amazing', I just don't think that will happen at this job. After work I headed home and played with the pups in the backyard in darkness. I think we need some flood lights out back, just for some night ball toss. I have such a hard time finding Chance's ball sometimes. We came in and the dogs at dinner while if played on the computer a bit. We played a little ball toss inside for 10 minutes, then went out on a semi-early dog walk. We did the full 1.5 mile loop again, but this time went by the construction on Lincoln St. Wow, it really appears that after 2 months they haven't got anything done. They are still on the same block they started on.

When we got home, I get my basketball stuff together, changed and headed up to Eliot for our pickup game. Things were tough right from the start, there were a lot of elbows flying. In the first half, one guy on the other team took a swing at Sam, followed by an elbow to his throat. From there it got uglier. At one point near the end, a guy form the other team just wiped out Nick while he was taking a shot, it was so flagrant, the other guy didn't call a foul. Finally, the guy that runs the league blew the horn and stopped the game to call the foul. It's too bad because it could have been a fun game. Ultimately we won, but it didn't feel good to play a game like that. When we were shaking hands at the end, the guy from the other team that was so heated told Sam he would wait for him outside and kill him. What??? I thought this was a Christian league. Too bad a few meatheads make this such a pain.

The team walked Sam to his truck. I don't think anything would have happened, but who knows. We all went over to the Shipyard for a drink after. I almost didn't go because this was a late game (9pm start). It was way past my bedtime during the game, I think I was asleep during a few plays. But I stopped in for a beer and we all had a good time. Left the bar, headed home and took the dogs out one list time before bed. I have a feeling tomorrow morning will come sooner than I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment