Monday, November 8, 2010

11/7/10

Got up at Beth's place (Middle unit in the picture), took a shower and went down to have some coffee and talk a bit with Beth, Kristen and Alexis. We decided to go out for breakfast at the Hudson diner. I ordered a waffle with a side of bacon. As a freebie, they dropped off four cinnamon sugar donuts at the table that were very good. We chatted a bit at the table, listening to some of the locals with their NY accents, very amusing.
On our way back to the house, we went through West Point again and Beth showed us the housing areas of people who stay on base. It was quite a difference between the low end of the pecking order and the higher-ups. We went through base, then back to the house. We packed up the car with all our overnight gear and departed around 10:15am. It was so good to see Beth in her new setting, I know Cheryl wishes she could have been there too.

I think our trip bask was a little faster than going down, I would guess that's because we were driving in day light this time. We got back to Portsmouth right at half time of the Pats game. I was greeted with so many kisses from the dogs, it was great. We went outside and played some ball in the backyard for a little bit. Then we came in, I tuned off the electric boiler and checked the meter... 100kWhr in a 48 hour time span! Argh, this is going to be tough to make up.

I went upstairs and watched the remaining half of the game, it was a tough game to watch. Afterwards I took the dogs for an early walk. I really wanted to walk them before it got dark out. There were a lot of dogs out, their owners must have thought the same thing. When we got back, I got a message from Cheryl wanting to video chat in a couple hours. Perfect, I have just enough time to go to Lowes, Target and grocery shopping. At Lowes, I bought some more starter loggs and some paper leaf bags. Then I went over to Target, decided to pick up the food staples I needed there.

When I got home, I put away everything and then played with the dogs in the yard. Next I went upstairs and went on the computer to get caught up on the last two days of blogging. As I was starting to get hungry, I set up the computer awaiting Cheryl's call while I made some buffalo chicken fingers for a snack. Cheryl called just as I finished making the nuggets and we chatted a bit.

We chatted about my poor decision to trade in the truck. I don't know, I hate branding every SUV made in the same way as a Hummer. I bought the most fuel efficient 'SUV' available, better mileage than my truck. I still sit up higher than cars (which I really want), it gives the dogs a lower jump in height and more room. If I am to be called a soccer mom for buying this vehicle, so be it. There are functionalities to these vehicles that are very appealing. By the way, I can make the argument all day long that the CR-V is no different than Subaru, Volvo awd, Audi awd vehicles, only the CR-V gets better gas mileage.

Anyway, after talking with Cheryl, I watched the next football game on TV and then watched my latest Netflix movie. I felt like I was going to bed so late, but it was only 9:30pm. I took the pups out in the yard one last time before bed.

2 comments:

  1. Now you will be saving money by not renting a car to come to Chicago. CeCe thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soccer Mom! Soccer Mom! Soccer Mom!

    Oh, wait.

    We drive a '90 Oldsmobile and soon, a '90 Volvo Station Wagon.

    Pax!
    Karl

    ReplyDelete