Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11/1/10

Early morning with the pups, at least it feels early because of the 3 days getting up in the central time zone at 7 or 8 and not having to take care of the dogs right away. Well, back to the routine today, dogs outside first thing, then fed them breakfast and checked the meter. Had a cup of coffee while blogging. I got the electric bill in the mail over the weekend, another month in the negative (only 22 kWh though).

Next the pups and I went for a morning 1 mile loop. I think the dogs get poop shy when I have sitters. I know they don't go on walks and they don't like to go in their yard, but this mornings walk, both dogs pooped 3 times! Maybe they held it in since I left. Since I got out the door early, we all got back early too. So once the washer was done, I put the clothes out on the line for the day. It is only suppose to be 50F, but lots of sun. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, then got ready for work.

I was picking up where I left off last week for workload. I actually had a hard time focusing because I didn't have any large tasks to complete, but a lot of small tasks and plenty of distractions. My area was quiet again, most of the engineers around me were out of the office. At lunch I went home, made a PB&J sandwich for myself and played with the dogs int he backyard. It was a great day, full of sun and the temp wasn't too bad either. After 20 minutes of ball, we came in and I cleaned up the house a bit, really just putting things in their place. Then back to work.

The afternoon just flew by, I got pulled into a meeting to cover Aaron while he was on-site for another project. The meeting ended up being 2 hours long, hopefully productive. I left work an hour early because my basketball league game was at 6pm this week. I wanted to spend some time with the dogs in the yard before going. I got home and started a fire, it had dipped to 58F in the house. Then the dogs and I played in the backyard for 20 minutes, then I fed them while taking down the clothes off the line. Next we went out for a walk, talked to Pat our neighbor for 10 minutes. Pat just finished the steps to his raised patio this past weekend, looks great. All that is left is a railing at all the other raised areas. We completed our 1 mile loop just in time to get going to basketball.

I changed and then loaded the pups in the truck to take with. We were playing a team that had a guy that played Division 1 basketball at UNH. He must have been 6'-8" or 6'-9". Since I am considered a big guy for our team, there were a few plays that I 'tried' to play defense on him. We led at halftime by 5, but they came back and beat us by 7. It is always tough to lose, but at least these guys were nice players. This is what sportsmanship is all about, everyone played tough basketball without the whining and hacking that was typical of the first two games.

After the game, the team went to The Shipyard for some drinks and food. I had a few of the Pumpkin Ales and some chicken tenders for dinner. I'm starting to feel old, there was a lot of reminiscing of 'glory days' of basketball at high school. If you are wondering, don't worry, I only had the pups in the truck for an hour at a time. Each time I came out to take the pups for a quick walk. The temp in the truck stayed pretty constant at around 60F. We got back to the house around 8:45pm and went out for one last 'outside'. I stoked up the fire again to keep it going, adding some firewood. We sat down and watched the latest Netflix movie which finished up around 10:45pm. Then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment