Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11/15/10

Another monday, how I love the start of the week. I got up with the dogs and we went outside in the backyard for a few minutes, then back in for their breakfast. I had coffee while blogging about yesterday. As a little change of pace, I had some orange juice before the coffee. Next I went upstairs and got dressed to take the dogs out for our morning walk. I noticed the sun isn't up anymore as we head out the door for the walks anymore. We did the 1.5 mile loop. The most exciting thing that happened was that both the dogs went #2 before the dumpster! I guess only Cheryl and I know how great that is.

When we got back, I got ready for work, had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and headed out the door. I was able to get a few things done in the first hour at work, then I headed down to Lynn, MA to a jobsite. I dropped off some concrete test molds and inspected the reinforcing steel prior to today's pour. I thought the pour was going to be earlier in the morning, but it was changed to noon. After 45 minutes on-site, I left to get back up to the office.

I got back to Portsmouth a little after noon, so I went for a hair cut... long overdue. Then I went home to grab some lunch and hang out with the dogs. I warmed up the last of the leftover pizza while playing ball in the backyard. Once the pizza was done, I sat on the back porch with the pups while eating. Once I was done, round 2 of ball. After 20 minutes, we all came inside and then I took off for work.

The rest of the afternoon at work was pretty much the same, meetings here and there. After work I went home and played with the dogs in the backyard, then brought them in for dinner. While they ate dinner, I tried to man handle the futon. I washed the cover yesterday and now I'm trying to get it back on. It was a tiring process, but now its back. Then Cheryl called (no video chat) on the phone, we talked for 20 minutes or so. She is doing well and made fun of the tinker toy bunk beds. I guess it is very important to use the cardboard that they came in as a structural member.

After the phone call, the dogs and I went out for our walk. A 1 mile loop and back in time to get ready for basketball. I left the dogs at the house this time because I get a full walk in before. The team we were playing only had 3 people show up, so we agreed to play them 3-on-3. That may have been a mistake. The other team was great at 3-on-3. It was also nice playing with them because they were nice guys, no temper tantrums, no fists thrown this game. Ultimately we lost, it may mean the end of our chances to make the playoffs.

There was no beers afterwards, so I went straight home. I took the pups outside one last time and settled in on the couch for a little TV. I finally got into bed around 11:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment