Friday, November 12, 2010

11/10/10

Wednesday morning, got up and did our typical routine. I let the dogs out, made them breakfast, had some coffee while blogging about yesterday. Afterwards I got ready for the day and we went on our morning walk. Nothing too interesting on the morning walk, the dogs were good, we did the 1.5 mile loop because we got out the door on time. When we got home, I finished getting ready for work, had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and was off.

Work was interesting this morning, I got to go to a site in Lynn, MA. I’ve been there multiple times, and we just started another project there this week. That’s right, we are weeks away from the heating season and we are installing new equipment. We have a 6 week window to install, our original schedule for construction was 2-3 months. The reason I went down is because we took some equipment off a foundation and we planned to re-use the foundation. Unfortunately, it was not in the best of condition.

I went to the site to evaluate the foundation and formulate a plan to move forward. We were on-site for a few hours, we came up with a good plan, but it will push the schedule back a week. It’s the right thing to do though, I don’t want to give the client a product just to make the schedule that will eventually have problems with.

John Foster and I got back up to the office around 1pm. I went home to let the dogs out and make a ham, turkey & cheese sandwich. The dogs got about 20 minutes of play time outside before I had to head back to the office. The rest of the day at work was pretty typical, lots of paperwork and putting out fires.

At 5pm, I went home to the pups. I started a fire and we played outside for a bit in the dark. I am wearing my headlamp in the yard now to find Chances ball after he stops it. Next I brought the pups in for some dinner. After checking some stuff out online, we all went back out for another round of ball. When we came in, we called up Cheryl on video chat and talked for a bit. Cheryl is still having a ball down there in the frozen land, so happy for her. Cheryl got to tell the pups it was time for our walk.

Our walk was pretty typical, only that I found a quarter in the grass. I mean, this is pretty amazing considering I didn’t have any light to see it. Yes, this was probably the highlight of my week. Quarter is going straight into my Roth retirement fund! The dogs were great on the walk, we did another 1.5 mile loop. When we got home, I made some chicken nuggets for dinner and headed up to watch some TV. I watched a few episodes of shows I missed previously in the week online, then switched over to watch my latest Netflix movie. I didn’t make it through the movie, feel asleep on the couch. Woke up around 10:30pm and crawled into bed with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment