Friday, November 5, 2010

11/4/10

Thursday morning. Got up a few snooze buttons early. Quickly made coffee, let the dogs out and got dressed. We jumped in the truck at 5 past 6am to get Reece to daycare. The ride to Barrington was good, Chance is still trying to perfect his hook move for belly rubs. When we got to daycare, all the lights were off. I stayed for 5 minutes or so, no one showed. So, the dogs and I made our trip back to Portsmouth. Poor Reece, she could see daycare, but couldn't go in.

Back at the house we went out for our walk, I'm running about 15 minutes behind schedule because of going to Barrington. It was nice to get the dogs out for a 1 mile loop before the rain starts. When we got back, I had a bowl of cereal, got cleaned up and went off to work. Work is much of the same, it is good to be busy and I'm happy to help out whenever I can. Because of how busy I have been, today was the first day I got a chance to talk to Dennis to see how he is doing.

At lunch I went home and played a bit with the dogs in the yard as the rain started to come down. I had two packets of gummy snacks to tide me over until my lunch & learn this afternoon. After play time with the dogs, I went back to work. At 2pm, Aaron and I went to a lunch & learn, we ordered some chinese food. No Xing Ping this time. Xing Ping's claim to fame is quantity and a low price. We ordered from Kim Lai (by bowl-a-rama) who's claim is quality. I have to admit that the sweet & sour chicken was good, same with the fried rice... but I hate their egg roll. I wish I could substitute the boneless spare ribs for the eggroll.

After work I headed home and played with the pups in the backyard a bit, then fed them dinner. The rain really sucks, its cold and falling sideways. This is a day to remember for when Cheryl gets back. On a day like today, I'm sending Cheryl out alone with the dogs to enjoy. I tried a Chai Tea mix I bought at the grocery store the other day as an impulse buy. It was pretty good and tasty.

Next the dogs and I went out for our evening walk, a little early, but Cheryl was going to video chat a little late today. The walk was OK, the rain slowed, but the wind really picked up. There were a few deep puddles that I didn't notice until my foot was already in them. The good thing, no other dog owners out walking their dogs in this weather. When we got back, I took 5 minutes to give the pups a drying, then back into the house.

I set up the computer upstairs to prepare for Cheryl's video chat. I also took 5 minutes to write yesterday's blog. Since I didn't have much time, I kept it pretty brief. At 7:50pm, Cheryl called! We chatted for a bit... holy crap did she have a funny story, you won't believe this. So, I think I already mentioned that they messed up and overbooked the station (holds 1100 people max, booked 1250). Well, they finally got a plane in with the additional beds needed on station. They held back scientists equipment and other essential items in order to rush these beds to Antarctica. As some people were unloading the boxes, they noticed the boxes read "Beds for today's youth. Max weight 150lbs". That may not be the exact wording, but I think you get what I'm getting at. They ordered children's beds, they are only 6' long!!!!!! Cheryl started laughing, as did I, but Cheryl shouldn't laugh, she meets the criteria to get one of those crap beds.

I almost had tears in my eyes laughing so hard. If it was the same person that overbooked, then ordered children's beds, they need to be fired. Anyway, after our chat I watched some TV on the internet that I had missed on monday. Finished up around 9:30pm, went to bed.

1 comment: