Monday, November 22, 2010

11/21/10

Sunday morning, the pups let me sleep in until 6:30am! Then it was time for the morning routine. I took the pups outside, then back in for their breakfast. I had some coffee and blogged a bit. Then I ate my breakfast (cereal). This is a little out of order because I wanted to get something to eat, yet have enough time to digest before basketball today. Next we went out on a 1.5 mile walk. As usual, there weren't too many people out, plus it was quite chilly (30F). Just as we got to the end of the walk, we ran into Rob (a project manager I work with) and his dog William. I think we were equally as happy about the freezing weather. We chatted for a minute or so, then headed home.

When we got home, I started to get ready for basketball. It have been 7 weeks or so since I joined the team on the regular sunday morning games. Today it was indoors at Spinnaker point, I am thinking about getting a membership there. It's only available to Portsmouth residence, it's like $168/yr and since it costs $5 to play each sunday, i think it will be worth it. Anyway, at 8:30am I headed over. I was the first one there so I stretched for quite a bit before anyone else arrived. We grabbed another guy from the gym so that we had enough to play 4 on 4.

Within the first few minutes, Tyler rolled his ankle pretty bad. He was out for the rest of the games. We then played three games of 3 on 3. I have to admit, it was one of my better days of basketball. It's amazing how much better I do when I get the confidence. We finished up around 10:20pm, a couple of the guys had to help Tyler to the car, he couldn't put any weight on this ankle at all. I don't know what is better, a sprain or a break. Sprains seem to linger on for awhile. Anyway, I hope it isn't anything too serious and he recovers well.

After basketball, I came home, took a shower and started my day of work. Not really, I didn't want to work too hard. I started a fire in the stove, high temperature today will be 35F. I threw a load of laundry in, them put up a clothes line upstairs in the loft area. Then I got working on our Solstice card, I spent about an hour in photoshop making one. Cheryl called and we got to talk for about 20 minutes on video chat. After our chat, I went back to designing our card. Next I took the pups outside and we played ball for almost 30 minutes before Chance headed for the door.

We came in and I decided to watch a little football. I made up some cheesey nachos and caught the end of the Jet - Texans game. Then it was back outside for some more ball. I think Chance thought I was only going out for a few minutes because he kept going back to the door to go in. We played for another 20 minutes or so. I wanted to get play time in before darkness set in. We went back in, I fed the dogs and then it was time to watch the Pats-Colts game. It was a pretty good game for 3 quarters when the score was 31-14. Then it looked like the Pats defense just imploded on the passing game. Thank god for that last second interception, or else I think the Pats would have lost.

By the way, I read an interesting article on the true meaning of 'Blue Moon'. Apparently in the early 80's some one wrongly quoted the Maine Farmer's Almanac from 1937, stating that a Blue Moon is the second full moon of a month. This was incorrect, the true definition from the 1937 Almanac is that some years there will be 13 full moons, so one season will see 4 full moons instead of 3. The 3rd full moon in a season with 4 full moons will be known as the blue moon. That is why some claim that today's full moon is actually a blue moon. Learn something new everyday.

After the Pats game, I took the dogs out for their evening 1 mile walk. It was 31F out, time to break out the mittens. Not much going on in the neighborhood, the walk was pretty uneventful. When we got back, I played on the internet a bit while watching the Sunday night football game. At half time I turned everything off and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment