Friday, November 19, 2010

11/18/10

Reece's special day... last day at daycare for a bit. We got up a little early, I made coffee, let the dogs out and then back in for breakfast. I put a load of laundry in, it is the first sunny day in two weeks (not counting last saturday), so I'm excited to get some laundry on the clothes line. I put the trash and recycling out and loaded the pups into the car. Off to Barrington.

I dropped Reece off, she was so happy. Chance and I got some male bonding time on the car ride back to Portsmouth. Once we got back to the house, I put the laundry out on the line and then took Chance for a walk. We did the 1 mile loop, such an extra special boy when Reece is not around. We got back to the house and I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, took a shower and headed off to work. Nothing of notable excitement happened at work, so I will skip that.

At lunch I went home and took Chance for a walk downtown. Note to self, Chance does not like the dish drying rack on the counter, he prefers it to be on the floor. Chance got to see some construction equipment in front of the State Street Salon. They are making a last ditch effort to get State St. paved before winter. We ran into Seth in Market Square and talked with him a bit. He is really happy working for his church and creating websites on the side. We finished our walk and made it back to the house. I made a ham & cheese sandwich for lunch and headed out the door to get back to work.

I ate my sandwich on the ride to work. The rest of the day at work was uneventful. After work I gave Ed a lift home. Ed's a pretty cool guy. Cheryl, Ed's son works at Smuttynose, thought I would pass that along. I always dreamed of having a wife work at a beer brewery... sample testing all the time. Anyway, got home, took down the laundry off the line and then loaded Chance into the car to head to Barrington. The traffic on the general Sullivan bridge was actually pretty light, so we breezed through. I went in to daycare and grabbed Reece. She got one last jolly ball time in in the back pens. Joanne was very sad to see Reece leave for the last time. I may bring Reece back in January, the time between Thanksgiving and New Year's is such a pain to get past the malls.

On the way home, Cheryl called so I got to talk to her a bit. Reece fell asleep on the front seat, snoring away... adorable. We made it home around 6:30pm, I brought the pups in for some dinner, then I heated up the rest of my leftover steak, added cottage cheese and apple sauce and had dinner myself. Next I took the pups out for our evening walk, the 1 mile loop past the scary funeral home. Nothing too exciting happened on this walk either. Made it home just before 8pm. Grabbed a bowl of chocolate pudding and watched The Community, 30 Rock and The Office before falling asleep. Crawled into bed around 9:30pm, ready for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment