Sunday, November 21, 2010

11/20/10

What a wonderful saturday morning. The dogs woke me up nice and early to get outside. Next, they had breakfast while I blogged with some coffee. We wnt out for a 1.5mile morning walk. It was a bit chilly (33F). When we got back, I made a egg, 'sausage' and cheese scramble. Next, it was time to get to work!


First on the agenda was to construct a seat extended for the new vehicle for the dogs. This took me all of 30 minutes with some spare material down in the basement. Now the dogs can ride in the back with a little more room. Chance can now come up to the front for his patented 'hook' belly rubs.

Next, raking leaves in the backyard. I don't intend to rake all he leaves in the backyard because the wood chips make it near impossible. But, there are deep piles of leaves (about 12" thick) that I keep losing tennis balls and other toys in. I built two leaf cages to store the leaves and let them decompose. I really hate the idea of bagging leaves and putting them on the curb, the bags take longer to decompose than the leafs, plus it would have been a lot of bags. I used some left over fencing for the cages, I think next year I will use chicken wire instead. These serve the purpose this year.
Next, I went over to Lowe's (with the pups enjoying their new spread in the back of the car) to get some shelving brackets. I bought 2 and went home to make a shelf to go over the toilet upstairs. I don't know if I would have done this in the past, but with Chance eating the toilet paper rolls on a daily basis (no matter where I put it), this seemed like an ok idea. Don't worry Cheryl, if you don't like it we can come up with something else. So, while cutting the wood to size in the basement, I set off all the fire alarms in the house, awesome. If those alarms don't wake you up, the shreaking from the two dogs will. I ran them outside so that they would stop.

By this time it was 4pm. So I made myself some nachos while playing around on the internet. Then I made a trip to Target to get some blank cards, cereal and milk. When we got back, I fed the dogs their dinner and headed upstairs to relax and watch a movie. At around 8pm the movie was over, so the dogs and I went out for a 1 mile walk. When we got back, I had a bowl of cereal and laid on the couch with Reece to watch some more TV. Went to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment