Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11/9/10

The morning routine again. Up with the dogs, some outside time, back in for dog's breakfast while I blog with some coffee. I got cleaned up for work, then we went out on our morning walk. We did the 1.5 mile loop, luckily the rain had stopped but it was still pretty overcast. The dogs were good, and nothing too eventful happened. When we got back to the house, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, grabbed some more coffee and was off to work.

Work is pretty much the same. At 10am, Carl Hoge and I drove up to Eliot, ME to watch a gas line tap and some construction of a pig launcher. A pig is a devise that get put in a gas main that can clean the inside of the pipe and also inspect welds and other parameters of the interior of the pipe. It was interesting to see the construction plans for the launcher, they were the design of my friend Josh, who left the company I work for about a year ago. Carl and I watched for about an hour and a half. All that was going on was drilling into an existing pipeline. You can't see the drill and it take almost an hour for the drill to finish. I had a clif bar and some fruit snacks for lunch. At around 12:30pm, we headed back to the office.

I didn't have a lot going on for the rest of the day, so I did a bit of internet research. At the end of the day, I went home to the pups. When I got home, I let the dogs outside while I started a fire in the woodstove. Then we played ball for 10 minutes, came in and I fed them dinner. I went through some mail, made sure the fire was going ok, then we went back outside for some more ball. We came in and I tried to clean up the house a bit. I talked to Cheryl for a minute or so, but no video chat. Cheryl helped me find the electric timer switch. I put this on one of the lamps to come on at 4:30pm so the dogs don't have to be in a dark house, plus it gives me some light to come home to.

By the way, Chance has a new perch that he likes to sit on. Apparently the chairs on the dining room table are not enough anymore. He now sits on top of the chairs that are on top of the table... just enough room under the hanging light fixture. I guess I will have to come up with a way to stop this behavior.

Next I put the pups in the car and we were off to Lowes. While I was at Lowes last time, I noticed they had the small generator I was looking at last year. Only problem was, I looked for generators last year when everyone needed a generator, so they never had them in stock. So after consulting Cheryl on the purchase, I picked up the generator. It is small, 2000watts and quiet. Weighs only 45lbs. When we got back to the house, I heated up my leftover Xing Ping from monday's lunch. When I was done, I had the hiccups pretty bad. I hate the hiccups.

The dogs and I went out for our evening walk, this time we did a 1 mile loop. The dogs were extra good and we had a very good walk. We came home, I checked a few things out on the internet and then turned to the couch and watched NCIS. I began watching NCIS LA, but fell asleep in the first 15 minutes. I woke up to see Michael J. Fox guest star on The Good Wife, but headed to bed after 5 minutes of that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment