Tuesday, November 30, 2010

11/29/10

Another cold morning in the house, but I spent extra time snuggling with the dogs to make up for it.We did our morning routine, including putting in a load of laundry. After blogging, I took a shower and we headed out for our morning walk. It was still pretty cold (27F), but as the sun came up it seemed much warmer. Since Reece is now on her gentle lead, the walks are much nicer. I really wish she was a better walker without it though. We got home and I put the clothes upstairs in the loft to dry, then I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I really wish Cheryl could experience a winter in the house, the timber frame is still cracking, some are making a lot of noise. Next it was off to work.

Nothing too glamorous to talk about work related. I had a few minutes to see how Dennis' holiday weekend went. He brought in mini waffle toast things that were fantastic. The rest of the day was work as usual. At lunch I went home and made myself a tuna melt. I played with the dogs in the backyard for almost 30 minutes. We took a few minutes to sit and relax, plenty of pets to go around. Back to work, and afternoon meetings. I won't bore anyone with this, but at least I am progressing in my workload.

After work I went home to the dogs. I started a fire in the woodstove (57F inside) and we went out to play ball. 10 minutes later we were inside, dogs eating their dinner. I got some things together for tonight's bball game, it's a late one (9pm start). I took the pups outside again for some more ball, then we all got in the car and headed to the grocery store for some food for the week. We got home and I put away all the groceries, then the dogs and I went for our evening walk, we did the 1.0mile loop. It's funny, sometimes I dread taking the dogs for a walk, it is so hard to get all dressed for the cold, get the dogs together and get out the door. But then there is a point on the walk where I really enjoy being outside with the dogs, it's really great... until those squirrels start playing mind games with Reece.

After the walk, I got dressed for basketball and headed downtown to pick up Seth to carpool. When we got to the gym, to our surprise we had made the playoffs. We are 2-3, and we made the playoffs despite the outcome of this last game? And no, not all teams made the playoffs. We were down 2 guys, so we only had 1 sub for the entire game. The team we played kept up with us for most of the first half, we were only up by 6 or 8 points, but we blew it open in the second half, winning 96-62. Sam was unstoppable down low. The strategy was interesting for defending Sam, they sent their smallest guy (5'-5" 100lbs) to defend out biggest guy (6'-1" 190lbs), didn't work well for the other team.

Anyway, headed back to Portsmouth, I dropped of Seth at his place and went home. I took the dogs in the backyard for one last 'outside'. I had a bowl of cereal for dinner and watched a little TV before getting to bed at 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment