Monday, November 15, 2010

11/14/10

Started this morning like a weekday morning. I set me alarm, got up with the dogs, went outside and then fed them breakfast. I had coffee and blogged about yesterday. Next I took the pups out on a morning walk. I wanted to keep it short because I already saw people walking to the race. The pups were very good on the walk, since no one else was out it was very quiet too. When we got home, I had a yogurt for breakfast followed by some more coffee.

I got all my gear together and started my walk over to the High School for the start of the race. There wasn't much going on for pre-race activities, so I just found a quiet corner and listened to my mp3 player for a bit. I went outside and did some warm ups, it was a bit chilly (45F) but at least the sun was coming out. Right at 8:30am the race started. I won't give turn by turn descriptions. I hit mile 10 at 1:09:55, less than a 7:00 pace! That is where I hit the wall. My goal for finishing below 1:35 was not going to happen. I had a hard time even trotting. It took my 34 minutes to do the last 3.1 miles. I finished in 1:44:13. As Cheryl says, respectable, but I really wanted to do better. It goes to show, you don't train right, you won't get the results you want.

Oh well, at least the food afterwards was fantastic. They had pizza, pumpkin pie, cake, cornbread, brownies. It was really great. I was also surprised, there were so many people on the course cheering on, it was great. I didn't get a chance to meet up with anyone I knew afterwards, I just headed home to get some sleep. I passed the basketball court just in time to see the guys packing up and leaving. I think next week will be indoors.

I got home and made a b-line for the couch upstairs. I put on the TV and fell asleep with little Reece at my feet. I woke up around 1pm, just as football was starting. I took the pups outside for some play time in the yard, we came in and I finally took a shower. My hips are killing me, I think I need them replaced. Afterwards, I watched a little more football. At halftime, I went outside with the dogs again to play ball. I went over to Philbrook's Fresh Market to see about the Ian's buffalo chicken nuggets, but they didn't even check for me. They said they are having trouble getting anything from Ian's, they may stop selling all Ian's products. I was tempted to just do my grocery shopping there, but the prices are completely outragous. I can get Stoneyfield 1/2 gallon of milk at Hannaford for $3.59, at Philbrook's, $4.59. They are about 30% more expensive than Hannaford for the same product. So I went over to Hannaford, got milk, eggs, yogurt, bread and beer. I shed a tear for the beer. No more Octoberfest, Winter Ale is now here.

I gave Shannon and Jeff a call to see what they were up to, they were hanging around the house and said I could come by. I grabbed the plastic containers I had borrowed a while back (actually one was a new container I bought because Chance chewed the original one) and headed over to their house. I picked up the coffee that I got from the co-op. I got to spend some fun time with little Oskar running around on the floor. He is such a cute little guy. We went out to get some burger's from Rocky's for dinner. I had the Batman (burger with bacon, onion rings, bbq sauce), it was pretty good. We brought the burgers back to their house and sat and talked for a bit. It was good to get out of the house and see Jeff, Shannon and Oskar and Miles too.

I went home and feed the pups a late dinner, then we went out for a walk. The evening temp was actually fairly warm, it was nice to not have to wear gloves. When we got back, I gave the dogs a treat that Jeff and Shannon sent me home with. I then got into my pajamas and headed for the couch again to watch the Pats game. I made it through half time, and at some point it was 17-3 Pats, so I went to bed.

3 comments:

  1. a mini van and now hip replacement? Geeze... should I be on the lookout for a younger model?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - Good one Cheryl!

    Marc - you should shop at Market Basket...they are cheaper then Hannaford, Walmart, Shaws, Stop and Shop and Target. Unless you use coupons and shop the sales...then Shaws is better.

    ReplyDelete