Saturday, November 27, 2010

11/26/10

Friday, but not a pastry day. I have the day off, so I plan on spending it with the dogs. I got out of bed an hour later than usual. The dogs and I continued on with out morning routine. I really didn't feel like spending much time on the blog so I kept it short. I made pancakes for breakfast and tried to delay our morning walk as long as possible because of the 35F with rain out. Finally around 8:30am, we went for our walk. We only went 0.6 miles because I didn't want to be out any longer.

When we got back, I started a fire in the wood stove and played online for a bit. I was looking at some of the online sales that places were having, nothing too interesting. I did realize that I used the last coffee filter this morning, so I know I'm going to have to venture out to the store. At around 11am, the rain stopped and I decided to take the pups with me to EMS. I bought a pair of rain pants originally $30, marked down to $20, then another 20% off, woohoo. Next, for fun, we wanted to see some crazies. First we drove past the Chirstmas Tree Shoppe, then past the entrance to the malls. I'm willing to bet the roads are more dangerous than the crazy shoppers in the stores.

Got home around noon, did some more internet window shopping. Took the pups in the backyard while I cleaned out the car and started to get it ready for some road trips. Then we came in and I watched a movie with the dogs sitting with me on the couch. I had half an apple crisp pie for lunch. In fairness, it was a small pie. Did some more looking around online for deals (haven't actually bought anything yet). At this time, I fed the dogs their dinner and we went out to play a little ball in the backyard. Then I packed them into the car and we headed over to Target. Target was actually running at just above normal people, but they had a boat load of checkouts open. I usually wait longer in lines there throughout the year. I got some coffee filter, some snacks for next friday. By the way, I'm hosting a poker night next friday at my house, so I'm trying to get prepared early.

When I got home, I video chatted with Cheryl from the deep south. She is enjoying a rare 2 day weekend. After we chatted, I took the dogs out for their evening walk, the 1.0mile loop. This was the first time in a few months that I used the gentle lead on Reece. She had been pulling hard as of late, so I decided to try this out again. It was great, she was a little angel on the leash.

When we got home, I made some buffalo 'chicken' nuggets with ranch dressing for dinner. I popped in another movie and I was in for the night. Reece and I snuggled on the couch while Chance napped on the bed. At around 11pm, Reece and I transitioned to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment