Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11/2/10

Election Day! Two good things happen on election day, you get to voice your opinion where it counts, and finally those TV ads will stop... but then again 2012 is right around the corner.

Got up this morning and went about my typical morning routine. The temp outside was 37F, though I thought it would be colder. Had the pups out, then back in for breakfast while I blogged sipping my cup of coffee. Next I took a shower and got ready for our walk. This morning we did a 1.5 mile loop, actually get out of the house on time. Nothing exciting happened on the walk that was notable. When we got back, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and hung out 2 loads of laundry to dry. Brushed my teeth and off to work.

Work went well this morning. I jumped into the fray of the Nashville project to help out Aaron. The Nashville project is unlike any other we have have done. It breaks the mold as to how a project should be run. I could be critical of how things are going, but it is also the nature of the beast. This project is going through litigation from a previous contractor, so it makes everything more complex and difficult. Anyway, most of my day was consumed with helping out on this project.

I took a late lunch in order to miss the lunch time crowds at the polling station. I walked in, only 2 other people voting at the same time as me. I went over and registered in the City of Portsmouth (which took all of 5 minutes), then cast my ballot. I do enjoy the process of voting in New Hampshire, but I really wish they would re-consider the voting locations. All across NH, the polling stations are typically and one of the town's schools. The problem is, they hold school that day. Which means, no parking. By far, the biggest hassle with voting is parking. I know people who do not vote specifically because of parking issues. I think that's a bogus excuse, but it should be easier. I propose that schools should not be open on election days. Because today is election day, I have the right to voice my opinion, I'll get off my soap box now.

Afterwards I went home and made a PB&J sandwich for lunch and played in the backyard with the dogs for 15 minutes. Then headed back to work. The remainder of the day consisted of more work on the Nashville project as well as sprinkles of other projects. At 5pm, I left for home. I took the pups outside in the backyard, took the laundry off the line and into the dryer, and started a fire in the wood stove. I played with the dogs in the backyard, then brought them in for dinner. We mulled around the house for 45 minutes or so then headed to Target in search of some Halloween bargains.

The best they had was 30% off candy, so I did my grocery shopping there instead. I was shocked to see the Halloween section was already being over-run by Christmas decorations. We have 2 full months! Anyway, no candy for Cheryl. Headed back to the house and put the food away. I wanted to try the new Morningstar Buffalo Chicken tenders for dinner. If anyone read my blog last year, you would have heard me raving about the Ian's Buffalo Chicken Nuggets that I got from the Co-op. Unfortunately, I cannot find those anymore, so I am trying out the Morningstar to compare.

When we got home, I took the dogs out for our evening walk, just the 1 mile loop. It was actually pretty cold out (37F) for this hour. Not much happened on the walk, pretty boring. I tried to set up the video chat on my TV, but something wasn't working with the cord from the computer to the TV, so I just got to chat with Cheryl on my laptop instead. We chatted while I ate my chicken tenders. They were ok, but not as good as the Ian's. Anyway, so Cheryl and I chatted for 10 minutes or so. We are running out of things to talk about because our lives are so dull.

After we stopped chatting, I watched some TV. There was a re-run of NCIS and lots of coverage of the election results. I have to admit, I was really surprised that with the exception of Lynch winning the governor's race, NH want all republican, even all the open state house seat. And I'm talking 60-40, most were not even close. I could sense what was going to happen as a nation, so I just decided to go to bed instead of watching results come in.

1 comment:

  1. I have some Peeps for Cheryl...and will try to get some Halloween candy from Walmart.

    Yes...my husband voted Rep....was quite shocked!

    ReplyDelete