Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11/16/10

Got up this morning and did the regular morning routine. Had the dogs outside, then back in for some breakfast. I had some coffee and OJ while blogging. My days have become very routine, especially in the mornings. I think Chance really enjoys having such a rigorous schedule, gives him something to look forward to.

Afterwards, I took a shower and shaved my beard. It feels good to have an upper lip again. I may re-grow it later in the winter, but I don't think it really looked good on me. Anyway, got dressed and headed out for our morning walk. We did the 1 mile loop, I was running a bit behind. It was a very good walk, made me realize how much I enjoy our morning walks. When we got home, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast then headed to work.

I originally had the day off today, but decided to go in for a few hours in the morning to get some things done. At around 10:15am, I left for home, I played with the dogs in the backyard for 30 minutes, then made myself a ham, turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch. I headed off to Raymond High School. A friend of mine was doing an Energy Star inspection for the high school and asked if I wanted to tag along to see how it was done. We went through the entire school, taking air and light samples and then going through all the rooms where there was mechanical and electrical systems.

Interesting observation... the original school was built in 1988 with an addition in 1998. The addition from '98 had the worst air quality in the school. I am told this is not uncommon. Same thing goes for schools that were constructed in the 20's, with a 60's and 80's addition, the latest addition typically has the worst air quality.

We finished up in about 2 and a half hours, then I headed back to work. I worked on a few hanging items that I had left, some I was able to close out, others will have to wait for another day. As I was leaving Aaron said he and a friend were going over to the Pressroom for drinks and asked if I wanted to go. So I went home and played with the dogs for 20 minutes and fed them dinner. I went over to the Pressroom, they were having a live jazz band playing.

Strike one for the Pressroom, it was the one time in like a year that they were changing out their tap equipment, no beer on tap. There were two signs in the bar for Smithwick's, but they don't serve Smithwick's. Aaron and I ordered Sierra Nevada pale ale, we got the last two in the place. It was an all around unlucky beer night for us. I had a honey mustard chicken wrap for dinner with some sweet potato fries, yum. We had a good time just chatting, nothing ground breaking... we didn't figure out cold fusion on the back of a napkin or anything. Aaron's friend Jeff lives up in Maine, but is staying in Portsmouth for a week for work.

At around 7:15pm, I headed home. I grabbed the dogs and we went out for our evening walk. Not very eventful, just a regular night's walk. We got home and I put on my pajamas, definitely will have a fire tomorrow, its only 60F in the house today. I sat down to watch NCIS... fell asleep within the first 5 minutes, woke up for the 11pm news. Turned the TV off and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment