Sunday, November 14, 2010

11/13/10

Today I am going to get a lot done. My first weekend day at home in 3 weeks! I got to sleep in an extra 30 minutes, thanks to the dogs. I took them outside for a few minutes, then fed them breakfast while I blogged with some coffee. I then took some time to surf the internet, not sure what for, but I wanted to waste some time. I started a fire in the wood stove, just to bring the temp up a bit. I made myself a cheese and sausage omelet for breakfast, the sausage was the Morningstar 'meat'.

The dogs and I went for a nice 1.5mile walk. Not much to report about the walk, it was a bit cold for what is suppose to be a beautiful day. We got home and I hung up the laundry on the clothes line, then started to work. I raked the front lawn, including along the curb line to get all the leaves and crud off the street. I filled 7 bags of leaves, but that also includes raking the area just behind the fence where I have my grilles. That area get a boat load of leaves, Chance was sure to help when I raked that area.

ext I took the new generator of the the box, read through the directions, and got it read to use. I started it up to give it a test run, started great and is very quiet. Next I went down in the basement to move some things around. Because Cheryl is so great, she put everything in containers in the basement, and put them up 2" or so off the floor on pieces of rigid insulation. I just need to move them all around a bit to make sure moisture doesn't stay under them. I got to move a few around, but didn't want to put to much work on my back today.

Next I carried the ottoman from the loft into the car. We are finally getting the ottoman we ordered on May17th!! I got the pups back in the house, and I took off for the furniture store. It was a pretty easy transfer of ottomans, and I picked up a check for $100 for my troubles. Brought the ottoman back to the house, but stopped off at Lowe's first. I was a bit confused with the generator, they didn't send it with engine oil in the engine, but had oil in a separate container within the packaging. I emptied all the oil into the oil cap, but it didn't fill to the required depth. Why would they provide oil if it wasn't enough? So I wanted to get more, just in case. I also picked up a new outlet to replace the GFCI in the basement.

When I got home, I put the ottoman upstairs right away. Then I heated up 2 slices of pizza for lunch and sat out on the back porch with the dogs. Next I walked into town to go to Runner's Alley to pick up my race packet for tomorrow. I said hi to Liz (my dog sitter) who also works at Runner's Alley. It was pretty packed there, so I just said hi and wished her luck for tomorrow's race too. Walked back to the house and let the pups in the backyard again. I pulled some tools out and decided to change out the two gate latches that are like a chinese torture trick to get the gates to open. Within 30 minutes, I had the first one in, it only took me 10 minutes on the second one. The latches are so nice, super easy to use.

Next I went back down to the basement to work on the outlet. This took much longer than I thought. I was hoping to just change it out, but because it was a GFCI, the outlet next to it ran through the GFCI, not pigtailed. So I went searching for some spare 20amp wire to make a pigtail. Once I found that, realized I had no wire ties. So in the end, I just hooked up the one outlet and left the second one blank until I get some wire ties. I consider this project 50% complete.

I realize I missed a call from Kristen, she left me a voicemail about going out riding the motorcycles. As I have already forgot to state, it is sunny at 64F today... if you are not outside, shame on you. I tried calling Kristen back, but she must have already gone out. Instead, Cheryl called and we video chatted for about 30 minutes. I was able to take the computer outside and show her the new gate latches.

Next I watched some TV online, then took the pups out for our evening walk, a 1mile loop. Again, not a lot of excitement on this walk. I got home and made some pasta and cheese sauce for my carbo loading. I ate upstairs while watching some more TV. At 9pm, I turned off the TV, put away my dishes and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment