Monday, November 29, 2010

11/28/10

One last day off before going back to work. I got an extra 30 minutes of sleep in before being woken up by Reece. We went downstairs, checked the temp in the house... 56F. Coldest morning so far, only 25F outside. I let the dogs out while I made a fire in the wood stove. Had some coffee while downloading pictures from yesterday's trip and blogging. I played around on the internet for a bit, then the dogs and I headed out for our morning walk.

We did the 1.5 mile loop, both dogs did their business before the dumpster, extra good day! The dogs were very good on the walk, but with the cold weather, other dog owners stop taking their animals outside. When we got back to the house, Ghandi and Michael were out front. We stopped and chatted a bit, Chance danced around Ghandi a few times while I had Reece sitting.

We went inside and I made myself breakfast, pancakes, toast and a single egg. Nothing like a hot breakfast to warm you up. Afterwards I played a little more online before going outside with the dogs in the backyard. I decided to do a little more raking of leaves. Since it was a beautifully sunny day, I warmed up really quick. I spent an hour or so getting more leaves into my composting areas. Next we came in and I messaged Alexis and Jeff about going to the gym to shoot some hoops. Then I decided to take a nap.

Around 1pm, I got up from my nap and Cheryl called. As I talked to here for 15 minutes, I got ready to head to the gym to shoot around. I was going to meet Alexis there and possibly Jeff too. Alexis and I shot around for almost 2 hours, it was fun being able to talk with Lex too. To finish off the shoot around, we played around the world followed by horse. At 3:30pm, I left the gym and headed over to Seth's church.

I have been promising Seth that I would come by and visit during a mass at his church for months now. His church meets right downtown Portsmouth at 4pm on Sunday's. I thought I was going to be late, but ended up being early. I got to see most of the guys on the basketball team. It was a lot of singing and not much preaching, which I liked. Seth's church does a great job at keeping things personal and close knit.

I got home around 6pm, the fire in the wood stove was out and I didn't have it in me to start it again. I fed the dogs then took them in the backyard to play ball for 20 minutes. Then we came in, I made a pizza for dinner and watched some football while eating. After the 4pm games were over, I headed out with the pups on our evening walk, the 1.0mile loop. Nothing exciting happened on the walk, and the dogs were really good. We got home and I got into my pajamas, laid on the couch to watch the sunday night football game. Woke up after the game was over and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment