Monday, January 3, 2011

1/1/11

Happy New Years! The pups and I got up early, as usual, and did our morning routine. The dogs went out into the backyard for a few minutes, then came in for breakfast. I played around on the internet for a bit, writing in the blog and having coffee. Next I made myself a green pepper and cheese omelet for my breakfast, with a few slices of toast and some OJ. The pups and I went on a 1.5 mile walk, our usual loop during the summer. It was fantastic out, already in the mid 40's and sunny.

For the next two hours, I cleaned up the house and put things away. At which point I became tired and decided to take a nap. I had texted Mackenzie that I would come over around 4pm to exchange gifts for the kids. I lounged on the couch for quite awhile, not realizing what time it was. Finally I fell asleep for my nap, only it lasted over 2 hours. I woke up right at 4pm. I quickly took a shower, played with the dogs in the backyard for a few minutes and gathered the gifts and headed to Hampton.

I spent a few hours with Mackenzie, Dan, Emerson and Cailan. We exchanged gifts, I spent some time with Emerson playing some of her new toys in the playroom, then we had dinner. We had chicken pot pie with cranberry sauce, yummy. At around 7pm, I headed home to the pups. When I got home, I fed them dinner and then we went out for our evening walk. We only did 0.7miles, but the pups enjoyed it anyway. When we got home, I parked my butt on the couch again, watched some TV until I fell asleep. At 11pm, I woke up and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment