Sunday, January 23, 2011

1/22/11

Got up early this morning, planning to get a lot done. We did our normal routine, then I started modifying one of the roof rakes. I took apart the squeegee, then attached it to the cutting edge of the roof rake (hopefully safe for the solar panels). I also had 32' of poles to reach high up on the panels. So, what I thought would take 10 minutes, took about an hour to get the first layer of snow off the roof. I came in to take a break and eat some cereal and have some coffee. The goal is to let the sun heat up the panels a little bit, then try it again.

So, for the next four hours I alternated taking the pups out in the yard and raking the snow off the solar panels. After my arms were plenty tired, I was done. I came in and played on the internet for a bit, eating a bag of those pretzel M&M's. After all that, I went down to get a haircut for tonight's company party. Next I watched a little TV and took a beauty nap. When I got up, I took a shower and got prepped for the party tonight.

I walked the pups just before heading out at 7pm. I met up with Dennis just before the party, I am taking Dennis' fiance, Christine's 20-year old daughter as my date for party. It is always fun to see people's faces when they see me with some one other than Cheryl, I'm sure it will start rumors at work. The party was pretty good, this is the first time that I had 4 people my own age that I could have conversations with. For dinner, I had some portabella mushrooms, stuffed ravioli, rice and mashed potatoes. After the owner's speeches, it was time to leave. I got home around midnight, took out the pups and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment