Monday, January 3, 2011

1/2/11

Last day of my vacation, thank god. Not that I am complaining about having almost 2 weeks off, but I haven't really been motivated to do anything outside of sitting on the couch. This morning the dogs and I stuck to our morning routine, we went out in the yard first thing, then back in for their breakfast. I quickly checked some online things, had some coffee and checked the electric meter. Next I got a few things ready for the weekly Sunday morning pick-up basketball. I sent out an email to confirm others would be there (we didn't play last week because of Christmas).

Next, the dogs and I went out for our 1.5 mile loop. It is so much fun doing our long loop again, makes me miss summer so much more. The dogs and I ran into Rob (a co-worker at my company) and his dog William. Reece and Chance were pretty good. I was able to get them in a sit-stay before William came over. Though Chance broke his stay and got a little frisky with William. We chatted for a couple minutes, then on our way. When I got back to the house, I grabbed my workout bag and headed to the court to see if anyone else would come to play. I stayed in the parking lot for 30 minutes, but didn't see anyone else, so I went home without playing. It may be for the best, I started to feel a cold coming on...

When I got home, I let the dogs outside while I 'vacuumed'. I say it like that because it is the cordless vacuum that I used. It works great for picking up the dog hair off the wood floor and some of the rugs. Doesn't work on the couches very well. What took me 45-50 minutes to sweep, only took 20 minutes with the vacuum. Plus, I didn't push dust into the air. Anyway, then I did a load of laundry and started a fire in the wood stove. Today is another warm day, sunny and in the mid 40's. The dogs and I went out multiple times to play in the backyard, which is getting to be a wet mess from all the snow melting.

At 1pm, I settled in front of the TV to watch the Patriots game. They were looking like a team ready for the playoffs. At half time I made myself a 1/4lb 'burger'. The quotes indicate that it wasn't real meat. I wanted to try a different brands veggie burger. It was alright, but I still prefer the taste of Morningstar 'burgers'. The grille ran out of propane midway, so I switched out tanks and finished up. While grilling, I played with the pups in the backyard and brought some more wood in for the stove.

I watched the rest of the Pats game, then continued to watch the Indy game. At around 6:30pm, Cheryl called and we got to chat for a bit. I am so happy to listen to her talk some times, especially when I am feeling lousy with this stuffy nose and sore throat. After our chat, I continued to watch some TV, then taking the dogs out for their evening walk just before the 8pm game. The dogs were good on the walk, even while running into another dog on their walk. When we got home, I took a shot of NyQuil, and managed to watch the first quarter of the night game before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment