Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/18/11

Just another day, woke up (always a good thing) and took the dogs out for their morning 'outside'. Brought them in and gave them breakfast, then a nice cup of coffee while blogging. Today's forecast is for a snow in the morning, switching to freezing rain in the afternoon. Already have a ton of snow, don't know where I'm going to put another 6" of wet stuff. Anyway, continued on with my typical morning, getting all cleaned up for work, then heading out on the morning walk with the dogs. As usual, the walk was short, we went to the Naber Market and back. By the way, the Naber market is now the Middle Street Market, with new super bright sign and longer hours. The old Naber Market closed everyday at 6pm, which I thought was tough hours for a corner convenient store. Getting off subject here, the dogs were good on the walk, when we got home I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and got ready for work. I headed out the door a few minutes early because the snow had already started to come down at a good clip.

I got to work and began working on my tasks. Not a lot to mention here. Very typical, non exciting day. At lunch I went home, stoked the fire and played ball with the dogs in the backyard. We played for 15 minutes, then came in and I made myself lunch. I had a 'chik'-which with cheese and BBQ sauce. I made sure the pups were ok, then left to get back to work. In a moment of weakness, there was a Lunch & Learn going on that I didn't attend, but there was leftover pizza, so I grabbed a couple slices. After chowing down those, I felt like crap, I didn't need it. The rest of the day I think I made great progress to getting my assigned tasks completed. The last bit of business for the day was to purchase plane tickets for next wednesday's meeting I have in south Jersey. I was only planning on going one day (all I have dogsitting for), last minute before hitting the purchase button, by boss sends out an email saying he wants to stay 2 days. I will have to talk to him in the morning about this.

As I left work, and walked to the car, the parking lot was shear ice... I could have skated on it. With hearing sirens in the background, I knew I needed to take it slow on the roads. It took awhile, but I got home safe and sound... crap, as I am writing this on wednesday morning, I realize I forgot to send Cheryl a text message I made it home fine... sorry hun. When I got home, I let the pups out and played ball a little in the rain. I brought them in and gave them dinner. For 20 minutes I started shoveling the wet snow in the driveway. Then I alternated playing ball with the dogs and shoveling until 7pm. At 7pm, I made a bowl of cereal for dinner and watched some TV. At 8pm, I took the pups for their evening walk, in the freezing rain. Remember this day Cheryl, the next day you are home and it is freezing rain, you can walk the dogs on your own, it's a blast. We did the 0.6 mile down and back.

For the rest of the night, Reece and I watched TV on the couch while Chance slept on the couch downstairs. All night I could hear the snow finally coming off the roof in big avalanche sounding smashes. I finally got to bed around 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment