Monday, January 24, 2011

1/23/11

Got up early today (well kinda early), the dogs let me sleep in until 7am. We got up and went outside for a few minutes, a little chilly start to the morning. Then we came in and I fed the pups their breakfast. I had some coffee and a bowl of cereal, then surfed the web for a bit. Speaking of the internet, social media is always talking about phases that age you... if you say 'surfing the web', do the young kids say that these days? I'm assuming that phase makes it clear I'm in my 30's. Anyway, after eating my cereal, I got ready for basketball. Looks like we are going to have a big turnout today, there were a lot of confirmation emails.

I took the pups for a quick walk to the Middle St. Market (0.6miles) before basketball. The dogs were good and ready to get back in, still a bit chilly. At 9am, I went to play some basketball. We had 10 people show, we usually have a tough time getting 6, so we had enough for 5-on-5 going full court. The first game, I actually played really well. I had a few steals off my friend Seth, which amazed me because Seth is such a great ball handler. I also had a few good shots and rebounds down low. The second game I played OK, but really wasn't a factor. At the start of the 3rd game I had my ankle stepped on and rolled pretty hard. I went straight for the floor. After a few minutes I made my way over to the sideline to sit out the rest of the game. My friend 'Tank' had rebounded a bal and started run with it, pushing off on my ankle. I was able to match the treads on his sneakers to the marks on my ankle.

After sitting out 30 minutes, I tried to run on the ankle. I was OK running straight, but couldn't take a turn at all. So I jumped back in for some more basketball. I was pretty much useless, but at least got in some more playing time. Afterwards, I headed home to take a nap with the dogs. I crashed on the couch for some time, watching TV and taking naps. I finally got up around 2:30pm and took the pups out for some ball in the backyard. I made some snacks and went back up to watch some football on TV at 3pm.

After the first football game, I fed the dogs dinner, then took them out for some ball in the backyard. When we came back in, I made a pizza for my dinner and headed up to watch the second football game of the day. At half-time, I took the pups out for a walk. We didn't quite make it to the Middle St. Market before Chance started limping. After he did his duty, I carried him the rest of the way home. It sure is tough carrying a 50lb dog while still having another dog on a leash, with a bad ankle in 6" of snow (the sidewalks still aren't clear from the last snow storm). We made it back and I parked my butt on the couch again to finish watching the game. I must have fallen asleep with a few minutes to go, because I woke up up to the news. I turned off the TV and went to bed at 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment