Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/3/11

Woke up this morning with the full out cold. Got up at the regular time to take the pups outside, then back in for their breakfast. Next I made some coffee and caught up on two days of blogs. I put in a load of laundry, took a shower and got ready for the day. The dogs and I went for our 1.0 mile loop a little later than usual. The walk went well, nothing too exciting to report. When we got back, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, hung up the laundry on the line in the loft and got ready for work. Part of my morning routine now is to open all the window shades. It is enlightening because of the amount of light that pours into the house. At 7:50am, I headed into work.

Work was pretty much the same as I had left in almost 2 weeks ago. I didn't have a bunch of stuff piled up to do, so I was happy about that. I had a meeting in the morning and touched bases on a few other outstanding items. At lunch I went home to play ball with the dogs in the backyard. I am trying to take it easy because most of the snow has melted, but then re-froze, so I don't want the dogs cutting a paw or catching a toe on a frozen piece of jagged ice. After 20 minutes, I brought the pups inside and had a yogurt for lunch. Next I went over to City Hall and registered the new vehicle and then back to work. At work I had an additional banana for lunch.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty much normal. Nothing too exciting to discuss, though I did get caught up on how people's holiday's went. At 5pm I headed home, but stopped at the Pharmacy and grocery store first. It is now imperative that I get more cough drops and Puff's plus lotion tissues. When I got home, I started a fire in the wood stove and took the pups outside for some play time. After 20 minutes, we came in and I fed the dogs their dinner. I put a pot pie that Mackenzie made into the toaster oven to heat up for dinner. Meanwhile, Cheryl called and we chatted for 15 minutes or so. Mostly we discussed whether I was coming to New Zealand to meet up with her.

After talking with Cheryl, I grabbed some of the pot pie and crashed on the couch to watch some TV and nurse my cold. At 7:30pm, I took the dogs for our evening walk. It felt colder than normal, but I think that was a combination of my cold and that the last few days were in the 50's (or high 40's). We did out 0.7 mile walk, and all went well. The dogs were very good and nothing too exciting happened. When we got home, I went to the couch to watch TV. At 8:30pm, I took some NyQuil and was out by 9pm... sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment