Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/17/11

A fantastic monday morning. As usual, I got up at 5:50am with the dogs. Only today for some reason my back really hurt all night and I had a very tough time sleeping. My back is usually sore in the morning, but this was pretty extreme. Seems it is telling me to get back to my back exercises. Well, after that revelation, I took the pups outside, then back in for their breakfast. I caught up on two days of blogging while having a cup of coffee. I was a little late finishing my blog, so right after I took the dogs for their morning walk. We walked to the Naber Market and back. Not a whole lot to talk about, it was pretty darn cold (6F) for the walk, but only 0.6 miles, it went pretty quick.

When we got home, I had a bowl of cereal then cleaned up for work. I was out the door at 7:45am. Work was the same, trying to get all the red tasks off my dry erase board. I write down tasks in red that need the first attention... my entire board is red. I should put something easy like, 'Come into work' as a task, then I can check it off every morning. The morning at work was pretty typical and nothing too exciting to write about. At lunch I went home to play ball with the dogs. We were only out for 10 minutes before Chance started his frozen paw routine. In his defense, at noon it was still only 11F out. We came in, I made a grilled 'chicken' and provolone sandwich for lunch. I spent some more time playing stupid dog tricks with the pups inside too.

After lunch I headed back to work. The afternoon was a little more challenging than the morning, but went by fast. At 5pm, I went home. I let the dogs out, stoked up the fire (been going constant for 6 days now), then played some ball. I brought the pups in around 5:20pm and settled in waiting for Cheryl's call. Cheryl and I talked for 20 minutes on the phone, I put her on speaker phone for the pups to hear her voice. After our conversation, I took the pups out to play again, only for 10 minutes. Then I grabbed a bowl of cereal for dinner and headed up to watch some TV. I continued to watch episodes of that british show The IT Crowd, pretty funny.

At 7:30pm, I took the pups for the evening walk. We did the down and back to Naber Market, again, nothing too exciting. It kinda sucks that the dogs walks have been cut back from 1.5 miles, to 1.0 miles, and now down to 0.6 miles. I feel bad, but Chance needs to put his big boy pants on and deal with cold paws. When we got back, Reece and I got on the couch and watched some TV together (who needs a wife?). At around 11pm, I turned off the TV and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment