Friday, January 7, 2011

1/6/11

Another morning, same routine. Up with the dogs at 5:45am, outside for a few minutes, then back in for their breakfast. I sat in front of the computer with a cup of coffee to blog about the previous day. I found out today that Cheryl's official date off the ice is February 23rd. Now all I got to do is figure out how to get down there for cheap. Anyway, after blogging, I got cleaned up and ready to go out in public. I took the dogs for our 1.0 mile loop, which was enjoyable. Nothing interesting to report. When we got back, I got ready for work. I skipped breakfast because I was still full from the large amounts of food I consumed yesterday.

This morning for work I was heading down to Lawrence, MA to review a bridge crossing project I started in the spring of 2008, my first couple of months with the company. This project still hadn't started and has now spanned into a 4th calendar year pay cycle. Not much has changed, but the same questions and concerns that were voiced two and a half years ago keep coming up. I spent almost half the day there, then headed back to Portsmouth, getting to the office at 11am. I was able to get some office work done before lunch.

At lunch I headed home and let the dogs out in the yard to play. We played ball for 20 minutes and headed inside. I heated up my left over Tony Saprano wrap from lunch yesterday. I sat with the dogs on the couch for 10 minutes or so, giving them belly rubs. I let them know that Cheryl was going to be home some day soon. Next I headed back to the office and continued with other project works. I had a scheduled project meeting for 2pm, apparently everyone except me know the project was canceled... awkward. Nothing else very exciting to report about work.

I got home a little after 5pm and started a fire in the wood stove. I took the dogs outside to play ball for 10 minutes, then brought them in and fed them dinner. Then I started looking at plane tickets to New Zealand. I tried calling United reservations, what a disappointment. The entire thing is automated... 'Say what city you are departing from, say what date', 'You want to depart from Austin, is that correct?' NO! you stupid machine... BOSTON, arghhhhh! Almost 2 hours on the phone. Even finally getting to a person was worthless. How frustrating, I will attempt this again tomorrow.

I got to talk to Cheryl for 5 minutes, she was very tired and needed a nap. Since she reads my blog, I didn't have much to talk to her about anyway. After getting off the phone, I took the dogs outside to play ball for another 15 minutes. Reece started letting go of her ball and letting me throw it, instead of her typical running after Chance who is running after his ball that I throw. Next we came inside and I heated up another quarter of the pot pie Mackenzie and Dan made for me earlier in the week (only 1 quarter left). Then I got all bundled up and we headed out for our evening walk. We did the 1.0 mile loop again and everything went fine.

When we got back, I settled on the couch to watch some TV. More disappointment, though it has been advertised all week that there was going to be a new Community, it was a repeat. Well, at least I could watch The Big Bang Theory. A couple more TV shows, and then it was off to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment