Friday, January 28, 2011

1/25/11

A typical morning with the dogs. Nothing too exciting. We went outside first thing, then back in and the dogs had breakfast. I sat at the computer with some coffee blogging. Afterwards, I got dressed for work and the dogs and I went in the backyard to play ball. Because Chance has had problems on the walks, I decided to just play with them in the yard. We came in and I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast. At 7:45, off to work. I worked the morning in the office. At lunch I stopped off at the grocery store to pick up some food, then went home.

I played with the dogs a few times in the backyard, made myself a quick bite to eat, then cleaned up the house for the dogsitter. At 1:30pm, I got in the car and headed to Manchester to catch my flight to Philly. Everything went pretty smoothly through security and I had enough time to have a Quiznos sub for lunch. The flight was interesting. It was a small plane 2 seats on each side, holding maybe 50 people. It was interesting how they made 2 people siting in the front move to the back, "in order to get the weight right'. I have to say, I was concerned that the fluctuation of 300lb would mess up the plane. I also thought it was interesting, sitting next to the guy pushing 300lbs making the statement "I think they are making these seats smaller". Really?? Too bad as Americans, we don't see the obvious about ourselves.

Landed in Philly, stopped off at an ATM and picked up my rental car. Drove out of Philly in rush-hour traffic towards Atlantic City, NJ. Met up with a couple co-workers at the hotel around 6:45pm and we headed out for some dinner. I did take a picture of the bathroom at the hotel room, first time I've seen a wall mounted bottle opener in a hotel... classy. We went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. I had a sampler of sorts. It was a dish with a small chicken Parmesan and a small lasagna and some mashed potatoes. It was pretty good. After dinner, we headed back to the hotel. I stayed up and watched some of the State of the Union address... Come on Obama, I'm tired of hear "we have to do this" and it doesn't get done. Time to come up with solutions, not just statements. Finally went to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment