Saturday, January 1, 2011

12/31/10

Last day of the year, so exciting... not really. It feels like every other day to me. This morning I got up early again, this time because Chance had a vet appointment for 8:20am. We did our typical morning routine. I had my coffee, but didn't spend time blogging. We went for our 1.0 mile loop as usual, except I forgot to separate Chance and Reece's poop for the vet, I got them all mixed up. Anyway, I got dressed and loaded Chance into the car and headed to the vet in Barrington.

Dr. Harrington was as jolly as usual and Chance really loves to visit with everyone there, especially the ladies. Chance was in all out body wiggle when greeting, he even through out a few smiles. Everything checked out on Chance fine, he even lost a couple pounds. I have been accused in the past of 'fattening' up the dogs over the winter, lets call it 'winter weight'. But I think it is actually the opposite. Chance has lost weight the last two winters, and gained weight the last two summers... All I can say is the difference, is that the summers Cheryl is around. That's right, I'm pointing a finger at Cheryl for chubbing up the dogs.

After the vet, I headed over to the Honda dealership that had my CR-V (also the dealership I bought it from 2 months ago). I spoke to the on-staff adjuster and we agreed on a payout for the damage to the CR-V and I could use it towards a new vehicle. I had spoken to Cheryl a couple times about a new car (not going to make the same mistake twice) and decided to look at the Fit and the Insight. After test driving both, I liked the Insight better. Also, because of the end of the year and this was the last 2010 model on the lot, I got $2200 off sticker price plus 0.9% financing. Together with what they gave be for the damages on the CR-V, I made out pretty well.

At 11am, I headed home in the rental CR-V to drop off Chance, grab all the stuff that went with the old CR-V and to have some breakfast - lunch. I made a grilled cheese sandwich a some veggie straws. I took the pups outside to play around for 30 minutes or so, then got a call that the paperwork was ready for me to sign on the new car. I headed back to the dealership and filled out all the paperwork and headed home around 2pm with the new car.




When I got home, I started a fire in the wood stove and then played with the dogs in the backyard. I spent some time answering emails, then went out to Target, Lowe's and finally the grocery store. When I got back, I got to talk to Cheryl on the phone and do some semi-video chatting. I could hear and see Cheryl, but my voice was all digital to her. It was about this time that there were fireworks downtown, sounded like a war going on. After talking with Cheryl, the dogs and I headed outside for our evening walk. We cut it a little short 0.7miles do to all the people out walking to Market Square.

When we got back, I turned the TV on, grabbed a beer (bad idea) and made some dinner. Midway through my second beer I fell asleep on the couch (9pm at night), I was the life of the party. Anyway, I woke up around 11pm, watched Ryan Seacrest and Dick Clark for 10 minutes and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment