Sunday, January 16, 2011

1/14/11

Friday means pastry day! This morning the pups and I got up as usual, went right outside for a few minutes and back in where I fed them breakfast. I sat down with some coffee and wrote in the blog. Afterwards, I got dressed for outside and took the pups for our morning walk. The city still hasn't cleared the sidewalks on Middle St. One side has 6-8" of snow, the other hasn't been touched and has 16". Anyway, we went to the Naber Market and back (0.6 miles). The dogs were good and we didn't run into any other dogs or kids. We got home and I got cleaned up for work.

I made it to work by 8am, we had a staff meeting to start the day and plenty of pastries to go around. Beyond the meeting, nothing too exciting happened during the morning hours. At lunch, Dennis and I went over to 99 Restaurant for some food. We got to chat a bit, then head back to work. The afternoon was pretty much the same at the morning. I had a deadline to get a bid package out for a South Jersey project by the end of the day. Right after lunch, we received mark-ups from the client that they sent in snail mail. No prior mention that they had changes to the package that they had since 11/24/10. Frustrating, but I was able to make all the changes and still get the package out at 4:30pm. At that point, I shut down mentally. At 5pm, I headed home.

I made it home and took the dogs outside for some ball. We played for 15 minutes, then headed in to feed them dinner. I got the house cleaned up a bit and ready for the night. I made myself some mac & cheese for dinner. Then the dogs and I played a bit outside again. I pretty much stop and go back indoors when Chance lays down in the snow because his paws are frozen. When he walks on the wood floor in the house, he sounds like a tap dancer because the snow gets jammed between his toes and freezes into ice balls. Poor boy.

Anyway, for most of the night I lounged around the house, not much going on. I had forgot to call Netflix today to get their address, will have to wait until tomorrow. I took the pups out for an evening walk, covering the same section of semi-cleared sidewalk as we have for the past 3 days. Nothing too exciting to report. When we got back, I sat down in front of the TV and relaxed. Contemplating how to get the snow off the solar panels... so far we have lost 3 days of production. At around 11pm, I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment