Monday, January 10, 2011

1/9/11

Sunday morning, the weather forecasters said I would wake up to 3-6" of snow on the ground, I am so excited. As I peer out the window, I could still see the grass through the dusting of snow that fell overnight, what a let down. I got up with the dogs early again, when will I ever be able to sleep in? I had the pups outside for a few minutes, then back in for their breakfast. I got in front of the computer with some coffee, but not to blog. I was checking out some financial stuff before I made the final commitment to get tickets to New Zealand. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, then got dressed to take the dogs for their morning walk.

We did the 1.0 mile loop, nothing special and nothing too exciting. When we got back, I quickly grabbed a shovel and scraped the dusting of snow off the driveway. I know it would probably have melted by the end of the day, but it is one of those things for me to see get cleaned off. Next I came inside and got my gear together for basketball. It is the first sunday in 3 weeks that we were playing, so I am pretty pumped. I had a great time at basketball, played 5 or 6 games of 3-on-3. Hoping for more of a turn out, but at least I got my exercise in early in the day.

When I got home, I took a quick shower, had the dogs outside for ball for 10 minutes. Then I headed to Hampton to the cemetery. It was 5 years ago today that my mother lost her battle with cancer. I can't believe its been that long, seems like yesterday. I had a few word with her, then headed back home. I decided to drive up along the beaches on my way home.

When I got home, I grabbed the dogs and we went for a afternoon walk. It was beautiful out, crystal clear skies. A bit windy, but we decided to go for a long walk. We walked downtown to see what was going on in Market Square. The only problem was, in Market Square, they put sooooo much salt on the sidewalks, it was like walking on gravel. I tried to keep the dogs off it, but sure enough, Chance started trying to walk around on 3 legs, keeping one in the air like he was taking a continuous piss.

I moved us to some side streets that didn't have so much salt and we continued home, we did a total of 2.25miles on this walk. When we got home, I got on the computer and finally purchased my plane tickets to see Cheryl in New Zealand. I am going to try Virgin Australia this time, I hear good things about Virgin airlines, and they were the least expensive too. After that was taken care of, I sat in front of the TV to watch some more playoff football. I didn't really have a lunch, I just snacked on carrots and humus while watching TV.

After the first game, I took the pups outside and played ball for a bit, then fed them their dinner. Next I watched the late afternoon (4pm) game. I got a chance to talk to Cheryl for 10 minutes or so while watching TV. She is doing well, having a good time. She is starting to lose some of her friends now that the end of the season is nearing. Each day people will be leaving and not coming back, it makes for a tough time always saying good-bye to people.

After the game, I took the dogs for our evening 1.0 mile walk. Nothing too exciting happened, and the dogs were very good. I put in a pizza for dinner and settled in to watch the Simpson and the Family Guy. At around 9:30pm I fell asleep on the couch, waking up around midnight, I transitioned to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment