Monday, January 17, 2011

1/15/11

Saturday, still got up at the same time to let the dogs out in the morning. It sure will be good when Cheryl gets back, she can let the pups out in the morning on the weekends and I will get to sleep in. After taking out the pups, I brought them in for their breakfast. I mulled around the house a bit before making my breakfast. I put in a load of laundry, made sure the fire in the wood stove was going, went through some recyclables, then made breakfast. I had french toast with morning 'sausage'. After I was stuffed with that great meal, I got dressed and took the dogs out for a walk.

The sidewalks still weren't clear, starting to get ridiculous. We did our walk to the Naber Market and back (0.6miles). Nothing too exciting going on, a bit too cold for most people to come out (7F). When we got back to the house, I did some vacuuming until the battery was drained, plugged it in to recharge. I spent a lot of time on the internet, I am contemplating starting my own LLC business for residential building consulting and solar evaluations. I don't think there is a huge demand right now, but something I could do on the side.

For most of the day I relaxed and played ball with the dogs outside. It was a nice sunny day, and I am really hoping the snow falls off the solar panels. At around 1pm, I decided to check out Lowes and Home Depot for what they have for snow rakes. They pretty much had the same thing, but they were only 16' long. I think it will take a longer pole to reach my panels. Plus, each rake was $40, tough to justify the cost. So, I walked out without buying anything.

When I got home, I did another load of laundry and decided to walk the dogs before heading to Hampton. To my surprise, the sidewalks were finally cleared! It was the first time since tuesday that we got to use the sidewalks. The pups and I still only wen to the Naber Market and back (0.6 miles) because of the salt irritating Chance's paws. When we got home, I hung up the laundry and fed the dogs an early dinner. I tried picking up a few things that I thought were easy Chance targets.

Next I headed down to Hampton to have dinner with Mackenzie, Dan, Dad, Emerson, and Cailan for Mackenzies birthday tomorrow. We met at their house, then headed over to the Galley Hatch at 5:45pm. We had a good time, enjoyed the company and the food. I had a three cheese ravioli and a peanut butter dessert. Afterwards, we went back to Mac's house, talked for a bit, then I headed home. On my way home, I stopped for gas. It was the first fill up in the new car (16 days!), only problem is I couldn't figure out how to open the gas door. It didn't have a lip on it to just pull it open, and I couldn't find a pull inside the car. Since I don't have the manual in the car, I was starting to get pissy. Finally I pushed on the gas door and it popped open. WTF, really, what a stupid design.

I have only a few complaints about Honda, #1 the daytime running lights... ok, so when you get into the car and turn it on, your daytime running light come on, but so do all the dash lights. The problem with this, if you get into the car at night. You think your headlight and taillights are on because the dash is all illuminated, but no, they are not on, you are driving without you typical lights on (just the low daytime lights). In the Toyota's, you never shut off the lights, you keep them in the on position when you turn off the car, and they turn off. Not in a Honda, you have to manually turn off the lights each time you get out of the car, or risk draining the battery. Honda... please change this and you will be the perfect car maker!

Sorry about that, thought I would use that opportunity to complain about a good car. Finally gassed up and made it home. I took the pups for a late evening walk on the sidewalks, then sat on the couch to watch some TV. I went to bed around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment