Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/24/11

Start to a new week, can't wait for what the day will bring. The dogs and I got up and went outside... -11F on the temp readout! It actually wasn't all that cold, but the dogs didn't want to go out more than a few minutes. We came back in and I fed them breakfast, made some coffee and blogged. Nothing too interesting today, same old. Next I took a shower and got cleaned up for work. At 7am, the dogs and I ventured out for a 'walk'. It turned into Reece walking besides me, and Chance being carried. I think from now on, I will leave Chance home for the walks.

After the walk, I had a a bowl of cereal and headed out to work. Work was the same as last week, nothing too exciting to talk about. I had a project meeting at 10am, then I went down to Lynn, MA for a site visit with a co-worker at 11am. We met a contractor on-site to give us a price to install siding and roofing on the structure I designed. It was just as cold there (5F) as Portsmouth, but with a fantastic sea breeze. We got back to P-town at 3pm and I headed home for lunch. I played with the dogs a few minutes, then had a PB&J sandwich. For all those really dedicated followers of mine, you will note that PB&J was my lunch of choice last year, but this is my first one this year (great trivia question that may show up on Jeopardy).

After lunch I went back to work for the remaining 2 hours. I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted before leaving at 5:30pm. When I got home, I played with the pups for 10 minutes outside, then brought them in for dinner. While they ate, I vacuumed the house and picked up a few things. At 6:45pm, I drove into downtown to meet up with a few friends at The Brewery. It was a lot of fun, 7 guys showed up and we just chatted for a bit. Seth put out a challenge to try the volcano sauce chicken tenders. I stayed out of this one and let the others sweet it out. I ended up having a espresso chocolate pie for dinner, it was fantastic.

At 9pm, we all headed out. I got home and took the dogs out again and stoked the fire for what is to be another cold night. I did a load of laundry and watched a little TV before heading to bed at around 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment