Friday, January 28, 2011

1/26/11

Woke up at the hotel, went downstairs for the breakfast. I had scrambled eggs and some pastries. After breakfast, we headed to the job site. Throughout the morning I met with surveyors and geotechnical engineers in preparation of the project starting this spring. The weather was due to get lousy, be we kept my 1pm pre-bid meeting on schedule.

At lunch we ran out the Wawa... a gas station super center in NJ. It was packed so we got some pre-made cold sandwiches to go. Made it back to the site just before the pre-bid meeting. The meeting was with 5 potential contractors. Everything went pretty well and smooth. After the meeting was over, I received a text that our 8pm flight out of philly was canceled. I arranged to get on the 7:50am flight tomorrow morning.

At 5:30pm, we left the site to get as close to philly as possible and get a hotel room. We made it to within 15 miles, goo thing too because the snow storm was starting to get pretty hairy. We stayed at a Holiday Inn and had dinner in the lobby bar/restaurant. I had a philly chicken cheese-steak. It was really good. Just as we were going to head back to our rooms, I got another text that the 7:50am flight was canceled. I managed to get us re-booked on the next flight, a 1:40pm to Manchester. Since we no longer had to get up early, we had another round of drinks. At around 11pm, I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment