Thursday, January 6, 2011

1/5/11

Another morning, the same routine. Up with the dogs at 5:45am, immediately outside. Brought them in for their breakfast and then sat in front of the computer to bog with a cup of coffee. After burning my mouth on some hot coffee two days ago and biting the inside of my cheek pretty good yesterday, having more hot coffee is difficult. Once I finished with my blog, I took a shower and got ready for the day. Then I took the pups out on our morning walk, we did the 1.0 mile loop. As usual, no real excitement. The dogs were good and the temperature wasn't too bad (low 20's). We got back to the house, I made a 'sausage' and green pepper omelet for breakfast with some OJ. I cleaned up the kitchen then headed to work. I was delayed an extra 3 minutes from leaving because of the frost on all the windows of the car.

Work proved to be quite busy today. I had a few things drop on my desk for last minute reviews or designs. It is good when things are busy, that makes the day go by so much faster. At lunch, I took Dennis out to Wings Your Way. Dennis helped me out with getting my mail and turning my heat on in my house (I forgot to turn it on when I left) while I was in Chicago. We both had the Tony Saprano wrap, it's a must have at Wings. After lunch, I dropped him off at work and headed home to let the dogs out for a few minutes and turn the heat on in the house.

Typically now, I burn in the wood stove from 5pm until I go to sleep. This keeps the house above 60F until around lunch time the next day. Then at lunch, I turn the heat on to keep it at 60F until I get home to light the fire. It has been working out pretty well and helped keep the electric usage down to a minimum,

After lunch, the rest of the day was pretty much the same. I tried to close out some outstanding issues, I had a few meetings, then the end of the day. When I got home, I started a fire in the wood stove and let the dogs out for some play time. After 5 minutes, I brought them in to eat dinner. Then we were out for another 10 minutes of play time. Next we went on our evening walk a little early. During the walk, Cheryl called and we got to chat a bit, well, until Chance pooped anyway. It is nearly impossible to hold two dogs, pick up poop, and hold the phone at the same time. On the way back to the house, Liz, a friend who watches the dogs for us, went running by. She stopped to talk for a minute and give pets to the dogs.

After we got back to the house, I headed into downtown to have dinner with Meghan. Meghan is a friend from college who is now teaching in Cyprus. Meghan came in for a couple weeks during the holiday's and she called to see if I wanted to have dinner with her. We went to the Brewery, Meghan had the pulled pork sandwich (the best in town) and I had a heaping pile of nachos, though the flatbread of the day sounded great too. I asked if I could get a half-and-half portion of the nachos and flatbread, but no dice. Anyway, we chatted for about an hour and a half, then went on our ways.

I went back to the house and let the dogs out in the backyard for one last 'outside'. Then we settled in on the couch to watch some TV. I feel asleep on the ouch, but at some point during the night got up and moved to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment