Friday, January 28, 2011

1/27/11

Woke up in the hotel. Went down and met up with Peter and Kevin in the lobby restaurant for some breakfast. First hotel I have been to in awhile that didn't have at least a free continental breakfast. All food cost something. Philly ended up with 15" of snow over the night, though it was crystal clear skies this morning. After breakfast, we headed back up to our rooms. I began working on an addendum to my specifications and answering some emails I had put to the side.

At 11am, we shoveled the cars out of the snow and headed for the airport. We turned in the rental cars and got through security. As we got through, we got notice that our flight was now delayed until 4pm. We did a little work in the terminal, then went to an airport restaurant for lunch. I had two soft tacos with chicken. Pretty good, but expensive. When we walked out of the restaurant, the board now showed our flight canceled.

I called Southwest and found out that the next two flights to Manchester (a 3:15pm delayed till 6pm and an 8pm flight) were all booked. We could do standby, but there was already a list. The next flight to Manchester with seats was the 7:50am tomorrow. I found a flight going to Boston that still had seats, so I booked us all on that flight, which was already delayed until 6:05pm. As we wandered the terminal, we ran into two other CHI employees, Joe and Carl. They too were stuck trying to get home.

Finally our plane arrived at 6:10pm, it was de-planed and reloaded fairly quickly. However, for some reason we sat on the Tarmac for another hour. Finally we took off for Boston at 7:30pm. The flight was fine, nothing too exciting... except for the guy sitting next to Peter kept tearing paper... reminded my of the movie (I know it was a book first) 'The Langalears' by Stephen King. Then the guy was telling us a story of his previous flight having a bird go into the engine, talking about a burning flesh smell. This guy was creeping me out pretty good.

We landed in Boston without much trouble, then looked for the Flightline van to take us to Manchester. I contemplated taking the C&J back to Portsmouth and finding a way to get my car another time, but jumped in the van with Peter and Kevin anyway. It was another 1hour ride to Manchester. As soon as I got there, I ditched Peter and Kevin. They had to go find their bags that they checked, good luck. I got our of the garage and headed home.

I got home around 11:15pm. I took the dogs outside for a potty break and then we all went to bed. The end to a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment