Friday, January 14, 2011

1/13/11

The morning after the snow storm. I got up with the pups as usual and we did our morning routine of going outside, then back in for their breakfast, I had coffee and blogged. Before taking the pups for their walk, I went out and finished shoveling the driveway. I still had 1/4 of the driveway at the 18" depth, plus a dusting over the entire driveway. After I was done, the pups and I went for a walk. Only one sidewalk is 'plowed', still 6" of snow on it though. We made it to the Naber Market and back (0.6 miles). As we got close to the house, Chance started his limping from the salt in his paws. Looks like for a little bit, we are going to keep the walks short.

When we got back, I took a shower, got dressed, had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and headed off the work. Nothing too exciting happened at work today. Mostly just kept on completing tasks as best I can. At lunch I went home and let the pups out in the backyard. I added wood to the fire (now going for 3 days straight), then went in the backyard with the dogs to shovel a path to the wood pile. After re-loading with firewood, the dogs and I played ball for 15 minutes, then headed in. I made a 'chicken' patty sandwich and grabbed some snacks and headed back to work. The rest of the afternoon I was in meetings and didn't get a whole lot done.

I got home around 5:30pm and played with the dogs in the backyard for 15 minutes before letting them in and feeding them dinner. I kept the fire going and tried to clean a few things up. I think Chance has a new fixation on red paper. This is the 3rd time in a month that he has eaten the Netflix envelope. I will have to call again and get the address to ship the DVD to. I also washed out the container that I put the dogs food in. It has been accumulating the powdery crap that sits at the bottom of the food bags for a bit. I started grinding some coffee up, and Cheryl called. We talked for 20 minutes or so.

I finished grinding coffee, made myself some dinner (a tuna melt), then took the pups for an evening walk. We made it to the Naber Market again. Chance is now pooping in the yard, but Reece refuses. It's fine with me because that just means that I have to pick up one on the walk. Chance is good, he picks the same place in the yard to go, so I can shovel it once a week instead of bagging it. When we got back, I put in my Netflx movie and watched TV until 10pm. Then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment